WHAT IS VIRTUAL STUDY ABROAD?
Learn, interact and Enjoy the world with virtual study abroad from EduTourism! Virtual study abroad programs give students the opportunity to gain many of the skills acquired when traveling abroad while studying from their own homes. In virtual study abroad programs, students interact with peers in other countries and collaborate on projects via videoconferencing.
- Earn university credit.
- Learn from international experts.
- Collaborate with international peers.
- Navigate cross-cultural environments.
- Explore & Enhance your language skills.
- Network with current and future leaders in their field as well as international peers and professionals.
- Connect with local people and communities around the world.
- Gain the confidence to travel abroad in the future.
- Acquire the critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills employers seek.
- Grow your cultural awareness, self-reflection and empathy.
- Participate in fun virtual activities, from tours of famous historical and cultural sites to cooking classes and socials with international students.
- Save money while gaining many of the same skills and competencies acquired on travel program.
- Guest lectures by host country experts.
- Instructors in different countries co-teach course units.
- Virtual office hours with foreign faculty.
- Lectures that focus on international and comparative perspectives.
- Virtual tour of a company and interaction with employees.
- Virtual “hang-outs” with the online community.
- Enhance language skills through conversation practice.
- Explore a concept from the point of students from other countries and cultures.
- EDU Activity: Group presentation by students from each country to inform counterparts about their part of the world.
- Interactive cultural quizzes and scavenger hunts.
- Online discussions, group work, break-out rooms with classmates.
- City tours developed by onsite staff.
- Virtual buddy program.